Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
In favor of the availability of medically induced abortion as a means of ending a pregnancy.
- ‘I will not support a pro-choice, pro-abortion candidate.’
- ‘The concern has come from a mistaken notion that being pro choice is equal to being pro abortion.’
- ‘According to pro-abortion ideology, conception is a human deed.’
- ‘By now I am sure you must be thinking that I am pro-abortion.’
- ‘President-elect Barack Obama promises to be the most virulently pro-abortion president in history.’
- ‘Perhaps the pro-abortion camp has learned something from the partial birth issue.’
- ‘The utter debasement of the proabortion crowd has to be exposed to daylight.’
- ‘Yet, there was no doubt the target was Giuliani, the pro-abortion rights, pro-gay rights former New York City mayor.’
- ‘All, apparently are defensible acts in the eyes of the pro-abortion community.’
- ‘Anyway, they were very sympathetic - the pro-abortion motion was passed unanimously.’
- ‘Among the most recent foibles, the editor allowed a pro-abortion candidate to place her ad in the diocesan paper.’
- ‘On the pro-abortion side there is a growing recognition of the incoherence of its stance.’
- ‘Priests have been told to deny communion to pro-abortion Catholic politicians by a senior Vatican cardinal.’
- ‘Enoch countered by pointing to her efforts to prevent the ABA from adopting a pro-abortion stance without consulting the membership.’
- ‘The occasion for clarifying all this was a fellowship program in which some students elected to work for pro-abortion organizations.’
- ‘She even argues that there should be no obligation to refer patients to a pro-abortion doctor.’
- ‘However, I hope he realizes that his election was not a mandate to rush ahead with a pro-abortion platform.’
- ‘One voice only is given legitimate status, the pro-abortion stance of feminist doctrine.’
- ‘A manifest lack of proper disposition for Holy Communion is found to be present in those who consistently support pro-abortion legislation.’
- ‘He has bucked the part of the Republican Party who are pro-abortion look-alike Democrats.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.