Used euphemistically to refer to a person's genitals.
genitals, genitalia, sexual organs, reproductive organs, pudenda, nether regions, crotch groinprivates, bits, naughty bits, dangly bitslady partsView synonyms
- ‘It is, however, forbidden, in the strongest possible terms, to squeeze, grope and fondle your own private parts in public.’
- ‘I managed to almost zip up my private parts in a pair of jeans on Monday, which brings the number of consecutive public holidays my testicles have been injured to three.’
- ‘Although the man was in shorts, they had ridden up his legs, and his lack of underpants had turned his private parts into glaringly public ones.’
- ‘She was such a sweet little girl, and she was always taught about her private parts and about telling mommy and daddy when someone hurts you.’
- ‘However, there is still a reluctance on behalf of some people to go to the health board clinic or their doctor and say they have something wrong with their private parts.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.