One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The complete lack of prissiness, pretentiousness and pomp among the Knights ensures that they themselves would never broadcast such an opinion, but there is a growing weight to it.’
- ‘Keep them away from me, their prissiness is getting to my brain.’
- ‘He retained mahua liquor and tribal sensuality, but brought in the prissiness of the urban middleclass, plus his own reticence.’
- ‘This and adjacent forms of speech do not, however, go with any narrow prissiness.’
- ‘Lyndhurst is ideally cast in the title role, a slightly malevolent character in the background, acidic of tongue and a picture of prissiness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.