One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Instead he just turns a page of his newspaper prissily, not even looking up.’
- ‘It was perched prissily on the pillow of Mr. and Mrs. Chonce's neatly made bed.’
- ‘We each turned to Antonio who was gazing prissily at his nails, examining them closely.’
- ‘‘I'd know, and that's enough,’ Dennis said rather prissily.’
- ‘‘You shouldn't laugh at other's mistakes, Lionel,’ she said prissily.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.