One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A page or set of pages of printed material produced by a computer's printer.
write out, copy out, copy in full, write in full, put in writing, set down, take down, type out, print out, put on paper, commit to paper, reproduceView synonyms
- ‘At his trial counsel for the appellant challenged the admissibility of evidence in the form of computer printouts of telephone conversations made from a hotel.’
- ‘Email, Internet, On-line Research, printouts and other computer services are available for a small fee.’
- ‘The computer software generated detailed printouts regarding bone density and body composition.’
- ‘The manual is just a computer printout folded in half to form a book; there are not even any staples down the side.’
- ‘But the recount he refers to was a comparison between the data in the computer and the computer printout.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.