One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A component in a printer that assembles and holds the characters and from which the images of the characters are transferred to the printing medium.
- ‘The printhead assembly includes an elongate manifold that defines a plurality of ink passages and is dimensioned to span a print area.’
- ‘Since each inkjet cartridge would have its own printhead, replacement cartridges would be more expensive for these printers.’
- ‘One sensor is incorporated in the printhead itself, while others may be located externally.’
- ‘It is also possible that the same machine could be both a left hand and right hand machine subject to simple reversal of a printhead ‘module’ (unless a bi-directional printhead is available).’
- ‘Furthermore, a doughnut-shaped bubble is formed to eject ink in the printhead, thereby preventing a back flow of ink as well as formation of satellite droplets that may degrade image resolution.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.