One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A print shop.
- ‘Its operations were subsequently taken over by the Australian Workers Union, which built the weekly into the leading Sydney newspaper with a large Sydney printery.’
- ‘We lived on a little fruit farm one mile from the printery at which the typesetting and press work were done.’
- ‘Built in 1942, it was used as a printery of the Roman Catholic Mission and later a tannery and private home.’
- ‘This always turned out to be a costly mistake for them, because this printery employed highly inefficient and obsolete methods with very high overheads.’
- ‘The son of a country policeman, Archibald grew up in Warrnambool, Victoria, where he was apprenticed in the printery of the local paper and conceived an ambition to be a journalist.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.