Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Formatted for output to a printer, with extraneous material deleted or suppressed.‘printer-friendly sample ballots to take with you to their polling place’
- ‘The site also offers printer-friendly pages for, say, users who want to look up recipes at work, then shop for the ingredients on the way home.’
- ‘If you have to write a long article, provide a printer-friendly page so that your readers can print the article and read it off-line.’
- ‘Click on either site's weekly menu planner for week-at-a-glance menu suggestions, with printer-friendly recipes.’
- ‘I looked around the office, saw there was no one by the printer, checked the print queue, and sent the printer-friendly version to print.’
- ‘Readers will also note that we now have the ability for you to choose a printer-friendly version of our templated articles.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.