One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A title given to Jesus Christ (in allusion to Isa. 9:6).
- ‘As the two finished their conversation, Father Christian reminded Attia that it was Christmas Eve and that the monks were celebrating the birth of the Prince of Peace.’
- ‘Jesus, for whom I have great respect even though I'm not a Christian, was the Prince of Peace.’
- ‘We are part of a war between the two opposing forces, the Prince of Darkness, the Devil, and the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ.’
- ‘Today many people will gather together in celebration of the Prince of Peace.’
- ‘His crowning glory was of course in 1977 when he supervised the building of our beautiful new Church of Christ, The Prince of Peace at Fossa, set close to the heavenly woodland shores of Lough Lein.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.