One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Francesca straightened her face into an expression of extreme primness and said in delicate, slightly haughty tones, ‘You may kiss her.’’
- ‘With that maddening primness of speech, he said, ‘You will not always have the luxury of addressing your targets without distraction, Joyce.’’
- ‘The Beatles broke the primness of post war mentality still worn like a cloak by society less than twenty years after the end of World War Two.’
- ‘Dinner was seriously good, but far from solemn, with none of that hushed primness that spoils many smart country restaurants.’
- ‘Yes, there's a clean-line primness to the design, evoking a corporate-committee-don't-offend style that won't match the aesthetics of some.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.