A lens of fixed focal length.
- ‘I now use zooms much more than in the past; A - because they are now so good; B - because they are so versatile; and finally C - because one zoom takes up a lot less space and weight than several prime lenses.’
- ‘For this project, I plowed all of the money I would have spent up front on the camera into a fabulous prime lens, one highly recommended for bird photography.’
- ‘Did you use prime lenses or a zoom lens?’
- ‘He was more into prime lenses and using a locked-off camera, and each shot was perfectly composed and it was very beautiful.’
- ‘However there are a couple of reasons that pros would use a prime lens over a zoom.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.