Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of zoology that deals with primates.
- ‘These are just a few examples of the rich additions that behavioral primatology can make to understanding the human condition.’
- ‘Her subsequent findings - among them, that chimps use tools and have humanlike personalities - revolutionized the world of primatology.’
- ‘Many of the people in primatology are looking now more at the learning aspect of behavior and cultural traditions - more at the flexibility of behavior than a genetic program.’
- ‘It was in this climate that in 1952 Kinji Imanishi, the father of Japanese primatology, wrote a book that criticized the view of animals as automatons driven by instinct.’
- ‘Cultural primatology, the study of how socially learned behavior varies between different communities of the same nonhuman primate species, is a hot topic.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.