One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of zoology that deals with primates.
- ‘Many of the people in primatology are looking now more at the learning aspect of behavior and cultural traditions - more at the flexibility of behavior than a genetic program.’
- ‘Her subsequent findings - among them, that chimps use tools and have humanlike personalities - revolutionized the world of primatology.’
- ‘It was in this climate that in 1952 Kinji Imanishi, the father of Japanese primatology, wrote a book that criticized the view of animals as automatons driven by instinct.’
- ‘Cultural primatology, the study of how socially learned behavior varies between different communities of the same nonhuman primate species, is a hot topic.’
- ‘These are just a few examples of the rich additions that behavioral primatology can make to understanding the human condition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.