One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Industry, such as mining, agriculture, or forestry, that is concerned with obtaining or providing natural raw materials for conversion into commodities and products for the consumer.
- ‘At each level of production, from primary industry to finished product and marketing, approximately half the value added is due to labor.’
- ‘Our whole economy is dependent on good science, from the production and processing of our primary industries right across the economy.’
- ‘All the trends are the same; declining employment in manufacturing and in primary industry; rapidly rising in private services.’
- ‘Exporters also have opportunities, the best lying in elaborately transformed manufactures and the supply of inputs to export-oriented primary industries and natural resource based manufacturing.’
- ‘The share of primary industry in the economic structure decreased steadily from 26.6 percent in 1970 to 5.7 percent in 1997.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.