One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Health care at a basic rather than specialized level for people making an initial approach to a doctor or nurse for treatment.
- ‘In the Australian healthcare system general practitioners provide the most accessible primary health care for adolescents.’
- ‘Explanation of risk factors and preventive options must be provided by primary care.’
- ‘In general, indigenous health services are more convincing at the level of primary health care.’
- ‘Each medical university has a vice chancellor responsible for primary health care.’
- ‘Our study shows that cisapride has no place in the treatment of heartburn in primary care.’
- ‘The aim of this study was to identify referral pathways from primary care for women with ovarian cancer.’
- ‘It may be possible to manage some of the demand for PSA testing in primary care.’
- ‘These plants are well known to local inhabitants who are still resorting to folk remedies for their primary health care.’
- ‘The model that has been replicated in almost all the countries is the introduction of community health workers to provide local primary health care services.’
- ‘Most of us think of the NHS as hospitals - but the bulk of healthcare is primary care.’
- ‘Surely primary health care should entail providing a readily accessible service with the doctors offering personal care to their own patients.’
- ‘This program will not diminish the role of the local physician who provides primary health care for the child.’
- ‘Epilepsy is the most common neurological condition encountered in primary health care in the United Kingdom.’
- ‘Many patients also regard hospital specialists with more authority than the providers of primary health care.’
- ‘Our review lends support to an increased involvement of nurse practitioners in primary care.’
- ‘A variety of mental health professionals such as counsellors work in primary care.’
- ‘He said his department was busy trying to strengthen primary health care by bringing clinics closer to the areas without hospitals or clinics.’
- ‘Most patients viewed primary care as the cornerstone of their physical and mental health care.’
- ‘Nurse practitioners are increasingly used as points of first contact in primary care.’
- ‘Having health insurance was associated with utilization of both primary health care and drug treatment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.