One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Health care at a basic rather than specialized level for people making an initial approach to a doctor or nurse for treatment.
- ‘The model that has been replicated in almost all the countries is the introduction of community health workers to provide local primary health care services.’
- ‘Our review lends support to an increased involvement of nurse practitioners in primary care.’
- ‘These plants are well known to local inhabitants who are still resorting to folk remedies for their primary health care.’
- ‘This program will not diminish the role of the local physician who provides primary health care for the child.’
- ‘Having health insurance was associated with utilization of both primary health care and drug treatment.’
- ‘Epilepsy is the most common neurological condition encountered in primary health care in the United Kingdom.’
- ‘Surely primary health care should entail providing a readily accessible service with the doctors offering personal care to their own patients.’
- ‘In the Australian healthcare system general practitioners provide the most accessible primary health care for adolescents.’
- ‘Our study shows that cisapride has no place in the treatment of heartburn in primary care.’
- ‘It may be possible to manage some of the demand for PSA testing in primary care.’
- ‘Nurse practitioners are increasingly used as points of first contact in primary care.’
- ‘Explanation of risk factors and preventive options must be provided by primary care.’
- ‘In general, indigenous health services are more convincing at the level of primary health care.’
- ‘A variety of mental health professionals such as counsellors work in primary care.’
- ‘Many patients also regard hospital specialists with more authority than the providers of primary health care.’
- ‘The aim of this study was to identify referral pathways from primary care for women with ovarian cancer.’
- ‘Most of us think of the NHS as hospitals - but the bulk of healthcare is primary care.’
- ‘Most patients viewed primary care as the cornerstone of their physical and mental health care.’
- ‘He said his department was busy trying to strengthen primary health care by bringing clinics closer to the areas without hospitals or clinics.’
- ‘Each medical university has a vice chancellor responsible for primary health care.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.