One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I have even noticed myself becoming cleverer, and now, at the age of nearly 60, I have almost thrown off adolescent habits of moral certainty and political priggishness.’
- ‘When I twitched slightly at the name of the artists, I resolved to not let my knee-jerk priggishness get in the way of giving this CD an attentive listen.’
- ‘Although faced with accusations of priggishness and prudery, the council remains unrepentant, arguing that it is taking a principled stand.’
- ‘The other major female character in the cast, Hester Worsley, a visiting American, was nearly made believable by Rachel Stirling, although the stereotyped priggishness of the role ultimately overcame her.’
- ‘Stories of his arrogance, sarcasm and general priggishness have been doing the rounds in media circles for years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.