One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Watch the bushes, the opening is hidden by prickers.’
- ‘Applying these labyrinthine designs were the kol'shchiki or ‘zone prickers.’’
- ‘The test contains a sterile finger pricker for you to take a small blood sample with.’
- ‘Hotsuma walked on further, walking under lower branches and avoiding prickers.’
- ‘Maybe that's why we're moving so slowly, taking our time to pick our way between bunches of pricker bushes and gnarling tree roots.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.