One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Maybe that's why we're moving so slowly, taking our time to pick our way between bunches of pricker bushes and gnarling tree roots.’
- ‘Hotsuma walked on further, walking under lower branches and avoiding prickers.’
- ‘The test contains a sterile finger pricker for you to take a small blood sample with.’
- ‘Watch the bushes, the opening is hidden by prickers.’
- ‘Applying these labyrinthine designs were the kol'shchiki or ‘zone prickers.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.