One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A company that must accept the prevailing prices in the market of its products, its own transactions being unable to affect the market price.
- ‘‘Farmers and ranchers need to stop being price-takers,’ says Montoya, referring to the food commodity system.’
- ‘We will be more price-takers than price-makers.’
- ‘That would make us fairly dependent, and we would become price-takers rather than price-makers.’
- ‘The other thing that strikes me about people on low or middle incomes, particularly those with children, is that they are essentially price-takers of important commodities like electricity, petrol, and diesel.’
- ‘Commodities are destined to remain price-takers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.