One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The maintaining of prices at a certain level by agreement between competing sellers.
- ‘A new law is expected to make price-fixing by big business cartels a criminal offence, meaning bosses could - in theory - receive a prison sentence.’
- ‘The most serious forms of cartel identified by the authority were price-fixing, bid rigging and market sharing by competitors.’
- ‘A company spokesman says the quotes were taken out of context and the business is so competitive that price-fixing makes no sense.’
- ‘Restrictive practices such as price-fixing agreements between competitors were often permitted providing they were not shown to be against the public interest.’
- ‘The cost of price-fixing is not really borne by the large corporate customer, but by all of society.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.