One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & nounZoology
- ‘Over twenty species of non-mineralized arthropods have been found in the Wheeler Shale, as well as annelids, priapulids, and other worms, and the swimming predator Anomalocaris.’
- ‘Most, if not all, of those infaunal traces of activity were produced probably by relatives of priapulid worms.’
- ‘Instead, some pseudocoelomate animals, such as priapulids and nematodes, appear to be more closely related to arthropods, in a group termed Ecdysozoa.’
- ‘If this evolutionary interpretation is correct, this change in behavior marks the origin of infaunal priapulid worms from those crawling at the sediment surface with ventral appendages.’
- ‘Such morphology is consistent with that of priapulids, known to burrow in the early Cambrian clay and sand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.