One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The fact or condition of being prevalent; commonness.‘the prevalence of obesity in adults’
commonness, currency, widespread presence, generality, pervasiveness, universality, extensiveness, ubiquity, ubiquitousnessView synonyms
- ‘Average HIV prevalences in the adult population of most sub-Saharan African countries are 25 percent.’
- ‘Thus, use of current estimates for the prevalence of passive exposure is again conservative.’
- ‘As our population ages, the prevalence of aortic stenosis inevitably rises.’
- ‘They also declined in prevalence as the population became more urban than rural.’
- ‘Ireland currently has the highest prevalence of asthma in Europe and it is still on the increase.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.