One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As for the ham - you can serve it rolled up prettily on top.’
- ‘Many of its spurs are prettily sunlit, and what they build up to is inspiring, apocalyptic, a burst of slanting sunbeams from a blue cloud-window.’
- ‘On the altar, Alison and her groom kissed again, as prettily as dolls.’
- ‘This was a prettily arranged layer of aubergine with tomatoes and mozzarella and was very tasty.’
- ‘Well-known film actresses often posed prettily in elegant cheongsams against the backdrop of idealized gardens or home settings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.