One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Allegheny has pioneered the usage of pretreatments such as steam treating to clean and seal the porosity of powdered metal prior to coating.’
- ‘It is formulated to directly bond to PP without any pretreatments, which simplifies processing.’
- ‘‘Our improved method uses pretreatments to make the cotton as receptive to dye uptake as the wool,’ she says.’
- ‘Phosphate pretreatments yield the best adhesion while chromate treatments give the best corrosion resistance.’
- ‘Surface pretreatments, such as chromating or phosphating, are necessary to ensure good adherence of paint or lacquer finishes.’
- ‘Prior to their arrival in the upper floor of the production hall, the body components are given a special pretreatment for aluminum.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.