One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device designed to pull a seat belt tight in an accident.
- ‘All Sentras are fitted with a tilt steering wheel, seat belt pretensioners, height-adjustable driver's seat and electric rear window defroster.’
- ‘The Dakota has advanced dual-stage front air bags, a weight-bearing occupant-sensing system for the passenger side and seatbelt pretensioners and retractors.’
- ‘There are driver and passenger front air bags, ABS brakes, and front seat belt pretensioners with load limiters.’
- ‘Seat belt pretensioners, power steering, engine immobiliser, central locking, split rear seats, and tinted glass are standard equipment.’
- ‘Additionally, there are dozens of safety/security features, such as the safety cage occupant compartment, dual-stage airbags, roof-rail airbag system and seatbelt pretensioners.’
- ‘It'll fire the seat belt pretensioners before the person moves out of position, inflate the bag, and it will stay inflated for five to seven seconds to prevent occupant ejection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.