A device designed to pull a seat belt tight in an accident.
- ‘There are driver and passenger front air bags, ABS brakes, and front seat belt pretensioners with load limiters.’
- ‘It'll fire the seat belt pretensioners before the person moves out of position, inflate the bag, and it will stay inflated for five to seven seconds to prevent occupant ejection.’
- ‘Seat belt pretensioners, power steering, engine immobiliser, central locking, split rear seats, and tinted glass are standard equipment.’
- ‘All Sentras are fitted with a tilt steering wheel, seat belt pretensioners, height-adjustable driver's seat and electric rear window defroster.’
- ‘The Dakota has advanced dual-stage front air bags, a weight-bearing occupant-sensing system for the passenger side and seatbelt pretensioners and retractors.’
- ‘Additionally, there are dozens of safety/security features, such as the safety cage occupant compartment, dual-stage airbags, roof-rail airbag system and seatbelt pretensioners.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.