Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1The shaping of metal by pressing or drawing it into a shaped hollow die.
- ‘All workers came from the assembly line and are novice to presswork.’
2The process of using a printing press.
- ‘It seems that presswork was already completed on a number of Pavier's texts, which are correctly dated 1619; but the question was what to do with the plays yet to be printed.’
- 2.1Printed matter, especially with regard to its quality.
- ‘His books are notable for the quality of presswork, type, and paper.’
- ‘The presswork is adequate; the images are small but generally good; and the writing is far better than most of the second category.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.