One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument indicating pressure.‘an oil pressure gauge’
- ‘I then happened to glance at the oil pressure gauge and it read zero.’
- ‘One of these gauges should be a hydraulic pressure gauge and should give you an indication of how much you have left.’
- ‘He checked the tank she had set out for him, tested the regulator, then tapped on the pressure gauge.’
- ‘This might be caused by an inaccurate pressure gauge.’
- ‘The pressure gauge is accurate and high quality.’
- ‘This means they lost their computer and their submersible pressure gauge.’
pressure gauge/ˈpreSHər ɡāj/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.