One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A package of promotional material provided to members of the press to brief them, especially about a product, service, or candidate.
- ‘There is a treasure trove of marketing materials, too, including the original press kit, which is a complete hoot to see on the screen.’
- ‘The press kit is padded with resource material bearing titles like ‘Sibling Relationships in Divorced Families.’’
- ‘I've been working on the electronic press kit lately, and I'm in an effusive mood.’
- ‘He even provides a press kit and possible story angles for those looking to write about what he's doing.’
- ‘This turned up first in the press kit, but I'm quite happy/excited/engrossed in it.’
- ‘You need professional-looking promotional materials - a great press kit and video are essential.’
- ‘I've been working on the press kit and on completion of the festival submission form information.’
- ‘There is also a short making-of featurette that is a step or two above the usual electronic press kit material, as well as some storyboard comparisons and the movie's theatrical trailer.’
- ‘The extras are little more than the usual electronic press kit, with a couple of featurettes with brief interviews and many clips, and too much duplication between them.’
- ‘I'm guessing her age is, um, reduced in her press kit (it happens all the time here), but they could've at least gotten her story straight.’
- ‘Carol wrapped up a box of Pop Tarts with a copy of the ground rules for embedded journalists, sealed with a portrait of the admiral, clipped from our press kit.’
- ‘I'd downloaded their press kit a couple of weeks ago to use as a model for ours.’
- ‘The article showed the people's pictures with captions beneath singing the band's praises, as if it were taken from their press kit.’
- ‘The press kit is a promotional featurette about the film, and clocks in at about 6 1/2 minutes.’
- ‘He wants me to do a bio, press kit, and layout w/graphic design & stuff.’
- ‘There's a promotional gallery of stills, poster art, and the press kit.’
- ‘This morning I was filmed for what will become the electronic press kit.’
- ‘He has never issued a press kit, and never performed in public.’
- ‘There is a brief electronic press kit that features equally brief interview snippets from all the principles, including Arthur Miller.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.