Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the period before a person takes a job that requires training, especially in teaching.‘preservice training’
- ‘One pre-service teacher shared, ‘I think this is a great poem to show children how plain life would be without them having dreams.’’
- ‘The students, also referred to as pre-service teachers, chose from 36 hands-on workshops led by area public school teachers, NASA scientists, college faculty and representatives from the technology industry.’
- ‘The pre-service teachers began planning lessons on the Civil Rights Movement, local heroes, Southern values, Confederate generals, and stereotypes.’
- ‘Although the high school students are positioned as authorities in the pre-service teachers' preparation, it is a gradual process through which the pre-service teachers learn to listen to the students and then begin to learn from them.’
- ‘However, the undergraduate pre-service teachers' results showed that teachers in their areas of assignment are incorporating significantly the use of technology in their subject areas.’
- ‘This study sought to determine whether pre-service teachers and veteran teachers in the master teacher program hold similar or different perceptions regarding teacher use of technology in their areas of assignment.’
- ‘The pre-service teachers were instructed on procedures for completing the interview properly and some pre-service teachers conducted follow-up interview sessions as needed.’
- ‘Additionally, once they become bilingual pre-service teachers, they are often not provided the support needed to be successful during their teacher preparation programs.’
- ‘It is fair to say that we need to continue to do some more work on the pre-service training of teachers, to keep on improving the standards.’
- ‘Both university pre-service and practicing classroom teachers will have the opportunity to engage in special professional development activities focused on space science education.’
- ‘The high school students share their views on these issues, and all of their meetings are audio taped, transcribed, and included in the pre-service teachers' required readings for my course.’
- ‘The pre-service teachers were encouraged to bring their own personal experiences to the discussion, and the instructors served as facilitators to raise issues of cultural and linguistic diversity.’
- ‘George E. Reese, associate administrator of the Office of Equal Opportunity Programs at NASA Headquarters, says the pre-service teacher program fits in well with NASA's mission.’
- ‘Could this perceived level of preparation be related to pre-service training?’
- ‘As the conversation turned from shared readings to the language arts programs in general, all three pre-service teachers were very concerned about infusing the child's culture and language into the curriculum.’
- ‘When Cindy supervised one of my student teachers and offered to place some pre-service educators from the English Education methods course with me, the other benefits of partnership surfaced.’
- ‘The American pre-service teachers' ratings for Lucy Marie's essay titled ‘The Summer Vacation in Japan and the United States’ appear in Table 2.’
- ‘I think being an MP must have the least pre-service training of any job with similar responsibilities.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.