Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Software used to create a sequence of text and graphics, and often audio and video, to accompany a speech or public presentation.Also called presentation graphics
- ‘One of your most important decisions will be what digital multimedia presentation software to use.’
- ‘When asked about what formal training they would like to pursue, the computer users who responded requested specific training on high-end software such as interactive video and sound, presentation software, and designing Web pages.’
- ‘Some have learned to produce their own educational software, using simple presentation software such as Power Point to design computer activities that integrate learning related to the theme or project in class.’
- ‘This rationale applies to spreadsheets, presentation software, etc.’
- ‘He didn't connect to the Internet - too dangerous, and against regulations, if I recall - but instead ran his presentation software using movies and videos where others would have actually gone online to demonstrate their points.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.