Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The action of registering or being registered in advance.‘members are entitled to free preregistration’
- ‘Based on such ‘no objection certificates’, people paid advance amounts and made preregistration agreements.’
- ‘The preregistration fee is $25 per person if received by December 30.’
- ‘Admission to the event is free, with no preregistration or tickets required.’
- ‘No preregistration is necessary and lunch is free.’
- ‘Parents at a large number of schools at each site were approached randomly during preregistration for kindergarten by research staff inviting them to participate.’
- ‘She said that preregistration numbers are less than expected but higher than they were last year.’
- ‘The lines from last year are gone, and the acquisition of my press pass and Eric's preregistration takes no time at all.’
- ‘The workshop is free; preregistration is recommended.’
- ‘Early registration is encouraged to ensure adequate accommodations and access to high-demand courses that require preregistration.’
- ‘Early registration is recommended as some sessions have limited space and preregistration ensures adequate resource materials are available.’
- ‘We will accept preregistration for tours through April 10.’
- ‘A preregistration system for copyrighted works that aren't yet copyrighted is going to be created.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.