One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Issued or occurring before publication.‘prepublication censorship’
- ‘And we wanted to assess the consequences, both positive and negative, of prepublication sharing of research data or materials.’
- ‘The contract requires prepublication review of nonofficial writings by the government in order to protect sensitive information.’
- ‘By the eighteenth century a comprehensive system of prepublication censorship and licensing, even of private writing, was in place throughout Imperial China.’
- ‘This adverse event was believed to be serious enough to warrant prepublication release of the information on the Web site of the New England Journal of Medicine.’
- ‘Respondents were invited to include their e-mail address if they wished to receive a prepublication copy of the survey results.’
- ‘Within two years, he believes, the law on prepublication injunctions will have broken down as the internet inevitably leaks stories out.’
- ‘I recently received a prepublication review copy of my forthcoming book.’
- ‘We might have had success with the first book - and saved hundreds of thousands of dollars in unnecessary costs - if we'd done prepublication research to sharpen our focus.’
- ‘A report on this study appears in the prepublication online edition of Bone Marrow Transplantation.’
- ‘Confidentiality should not be broken by prepublication statements on the content of the submission.’
- ‘If a former government employee violates his nondisclosure agreement by failing to submit a book for prepublication review, the Treasury Department can seize all proceeds connected to the book's sale.’
- ‘Journals should also be moving, Rennie argues, towards prepublication review by readers and encouraging authors to update their studies.’
Publication in advance.
- ‘Did the prepublication usurp all value from a copyright owner's first right of publication?’
- ‘The prepublication of conference papers with restricted access shall stimulate research exchanges before and after the conference.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.