Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for prepubescent
- ‘In this study, we found that a physician-confirmed diagnosis of sinusitis in the prepubertal period was a significant predictor of persistence of asthma after puberty.’
- ‘Thus about 2% of boys will still be prepubertal at 14-15 years.’
- ‘Here, we show that both the presence of obesity during the prepubertal period and an early onset of puberty are significant and independent risk factors for persistent asthma after puberty.’
- ‘We found that approximately 30% of children with infrequent wheezing but almost 60% of children with asthma in the prepubertal period keep experiencing wheezing episodes in the first 4 years after the onset of puberty.’
- ‘Jumping exercises can result in significant bone mass gains in prepubertal girls.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.