Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Work done on a product, especially a film or broadcast program, before full-scale production begins.[as modifier] ‘the preproduction script’
- ‘After several pre-production meetings to get to know one another, we began filming.’
- ‘You get to see production every step of the way, from story sessions to pre-production to filming to the post-production.’
- ‘It's stunning to see how quickly he adapts and figures out what must be done during this very early stage of pre-production.’
- ‘The pre-production art is all stunning, although it still does not answer how this stuff is going to look in three dimensions.’
- ‘Also included with this pre-production unit was a small user's manual.’
- ‘To ensure that everything and everyone will be in place on shoot day, pre-production should begin as soon as the scripts are approved.’
- ‘And these pre-production facilities are the backbone of any film production.’
- ‘During pre-production, we identified the key points that we wanted to achieve, number one being to scare the players.’
- ‘We essentially spent about a year in pre-production, research, and design, and built this game in the last twelve months.’
- ‘Plenty of detail on every aspect of the film from pre-production to opening night is covered.’
- ‘But I was afraid during pre-production and shooting because I knew the subject of the film was a man getting close to death.’
- ‘Now if you're filming a longer feature or being paid for a project, pre-production planning is essential.’
- ‘Sadly for them, this film was ‘too late’ by the time it began pre-production in Italy.’
- ‘It is understood that another 44 employees in pre-production and production support are also set to be made redundant.’
- ‘It was also clear early in pre-production that the new puppets were not quite as human as had been expected and that making them move realistically on screen was harder than ever.’
- ‘But this time I was in on pre-production meetings so I really felt more a part of the development of it, which was great.’
- ‘The story-board is created in pre-production and is a breakdown of every shot, location and scene to be filmed.’
- ‘We were over there for six weeks in pre-production and we had just began to shoot when all hell broke loose.’
- ‘To start next year, we're going to tour for just a couple of months, and then we'll get back in the studio to start pre-production for the second record.’
- ‘Everywhere you looked, one musical was in either pre-production or general release.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.