One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When the Third Duma met in late 1907 it had, not surprisingly, a preponderantly right-wing complexion.’
- ‘Aluminum for packaging is preponderantly in the form of sheet or foil.’
- ‘Howard's use of paint seems eminently sensuous, as do her colors, which in this show were preponderantly red-hued.’
- ‘He finds that the National Science Foundation's research awards go preponderantly to fifteen universities.’
- ‘The English naval forces comprised 34 royal warships and some 170 privately owned ships, preponderantly drawn from East Anglia and Kent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.