One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When the Third Duma met in late 1907 it had, not surprisingly, a preponderantly right-wing complexion.’
- ‘The English naval forces comprised 34 royal warships and some 170 privately owned ships, preponderantly drawn from East Anglia and Kent.’
- ‘Aluminum for packaging is preponderantly in the form of sheet or foil.’
- ‘He finds that the National Science Foundation's research awards go preponderantly to fifteen universities.’
- ‘Howard's use of paint seems eminently sensuous, as do her colors, which in this show were preponderantly red-hued.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.