One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An agreement made by a couple before they marry concerning the ownership of their respective assets should the marriage fail.
- ‘There is often difficulty working out what was acquired before the marriage and what was acquired during the marriage - which is where a prenuptial agreement or cohabitation agreement can help.’
- ‘Marriage joins two people in a relationship, and unless there is a limiting prenuptial agreement, the union with the person unites you to all the person's possessions.’
- ‘Since nearly 50% of first marriages end in divorce, wealthy parents often push prenuptial agreements on their kids before they marry.’
- ‘Similarly, she said that if they married, they would enter into a prenuptial agreement at that time.’
- ‘Another concern is the uncertain legal status of prenuptial agreements.’
- ‘In fact, the attorney says that he does more prenuptial agreements than anything else now.’
- ‘Celebrity attorneys estimate some 50-70 percent of Hollywood celebs do sign prenuptial agreements.’
- ‘Rich people who set up trusts may require that their children pass periodic drug tests or set up prenuptial agreements to get their money.’
- ‘There are a myriad of issues to deal with, including child support, prenuptial agreements, property ownership, retirement finances, and estate planning.’
- ‘You did not sign a prenuptial agreement, am I correct?’
- ‘A prenuptial agreement will help establish a record of what you owned before you got married, which could be important if the marriage doesn't last.’
- ‘Those with assets to protect could sign prenuptial agreements that courts would respect.’
- ‘After a conference in chambers, the judge said a prenuptial agreement the couple signed about a week before they married would control the division of assets.’
- ‘The Post reports that newlywed Britney Spears got her brand-new hubby to ink an ironclad prenuptial agreement just days before they got hitched.’
- ‘Do you think they signed a prenuptial agreement?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.