Before birth; during or relating to pregnancy.‘prenatal development’
- ‘Autism cannot currently be detected at birth or through any prenatal screening.’
- ‘During an early prenatal visit, most pregnant women are given a blood test to screen for syphilis.’
- ‘A healthy child was delivered at term, and the couple will be offered prenatal diagnosis in subsequent pregnancies.’
- ‘Abused women were also less likely to have prenatal care check-ups during pregnancy.’
- ‘The screening test studied was prenatal serum screening for Down's syndrome.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.