Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Preceding the occurrence of symptoms of disease or disorder.
- ‘The most common premorbid psychiatric diagnoses are depression, personality disorders, and substance misuse.’
- ‘Depressive symptoms and low self-esteem are premorbid predictors of adolescent headache in girls.’
- ‘These assumptions underlie the justification for conventional screening for the premorbid or early stage of a disease.’
- ‘Six were thought to have evidence of a premorbid personality disorder.’
- ‘Secondly, premorbid personality traits may have predisposed individuals both to developing schizophrenia and to using cannabis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.