One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For instance, I'm not looking ahead to my 30th birthday with any sort of premonitory dread.’
- ‘All the same, there are two passages in the book that I found eerily premonitory of what she would do ten years later.’
- ‘At home, one reaction has been a revival of premonitory scenarios of gloom.’
- ‘The whole is accompanied by a ghostly, premonitory sound of deep tolling bells.’
- ‘I even had a dream that proved premonitory, in which I did go home for the holidays and I was miserable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.