One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(among some Christian Protestants) the doctrine that the prophesied millennium of blessedness will begin with the imminent Second Coming of Christ.Compare with postmillennialism
- ‘The following are features of historic premillennialism.’
- ‘In the churches of Christ the list features the institutional matters already mentioned, as well as pacifism, participation in governmental affairs (including voting), premillennialism, and divorce and remarriage.’
- ‘During these years, many Protestants embraced a pessimistic premillennialism that predicted societal decline, undercut efforts at social reform, and emphasized individual evangelism, spirituality, and otherworldliness.’
- ‘In the author's view, premillennialism is fundamentally flawed.’
- ‘After the Civil War, a new kind of premillennialism, ‘dispensationalism, ‘gained popularity.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.