One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Existing or occurring before a new millennium.
- ‘But I do see it as allied to premillennial thinking, and that's even before you get to the Israel issue.’
- ‘What we have here is a major player in the premillennial cultural pool, and a loose-knit movement of folks who aim to change the world - while having the best time of their lives.’
- 1.1Christian Theology Relating to or believing in premillennialism.
- ‘Darby is credited with bringing premillennial dispensationalism to the United States.’
- ‘In principle, one can be a Protestant fundamentalist without being a premillennial dispensationalist.’
- ‘For churches that do not endorse a premillennial eschatology the emphasis is on the present, and other-worldly eschatological discussions are largely absent.’
- ‘Both Irving and Lacunza were premillennial but historicists.’
- ‘The writer is dispensational and premillennial in outlook, and seems to know little of Reformed writers or their thinking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.