One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Existing or occurring before a new millennium.
- ‘What we have here is a major player in the premillennial cultural pool, and a loose-knit movement of folks who aim to change the world - while having the best time of their lives.’
- ‘But I do see it as allied to premillennial thinking, and that's even before you get to the Israel issue.’
- 1.1Christian Theology Relating to or believing in premillennialism.
- ‘The writer is dispensational and premillennial in outlook, and seems to know little of Reformed writers or their thinking.’
- ‘Darby is credited with bringing premillennial dispensationalism to the United States.’
- ‘Both Irving and Lacunza were premillennial but historicists.’
- ‘In principle, one can be a Protestant fundamentalist without being a premillennial dispensationalist.’
- ‘For churches that do not endorse a premillennial eschatology the emphasis is on the present, and other-worldly eschatological discussions are largely absent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.