One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or in the period of a woman's life immediately preceding the menopause.‘fibroids often result in pain and bleeding in premenopausal women’‘premenopausal breast cancer’‘all the women participating in the study were premenopausal’
- ‘This disease is rare in premenopausal women.’
- ‘Moreover, we know that premenopausal women are very protected from sleep apnea.’
- ‘Another possibility is that women with premenopausal breast cancer may simply have a higher risk of miscarriage.’
- ‘If you're premenopausal, this will cause premature menopause.’
- ‘Cysts are a common cause of palpable breast masses in premenopausal women older than 40 years.’
- ‘All premenopausal women who underwent hysterectomy were given hormone replacement therapy.’
- ‘How could such a strategy be explained to older premenopausal women, who are at the same risk of ovarian cancer as their postmenopausal peers?’
- ‘The study was restricted to premenopausal women aged younger than 50 at the time of diagnosis.’
- ‘A lower proportion of highly stressed women than less stressed women were premenopausal and used oral contraceptives.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.