One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of planning something (especially a crime) beforehand.‘the defendant said there was no planning or premeditation’
planning, intent, forethought, pre-planning, advance planning, prearrangement, deliberationView synonyms
- ‘Digging a grave smacks of premeditation, and premeditation means the act was calculated.’
- ‘Furthermore, we are by no means satisfied that there was no premeditation.’
- ‘It should be noted, however, that malice aforethought is a technical term whose meaning implies neither ill-will nor premeditation.’
- ‘There was an element of premeditation about the incident because the group left the public house as the other group of supporters arrived at the station and attempted to leave the station.’
- ‘The criteria in establishing a serial murder is that there must be planning, premeditation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.