Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or engaged in study in preparation for medical school.→ premed
- ‘A couple of the Hilton residents were doctors or premedical students, so we were never bereft of health treatment.’
- ‘They studied the relationship between standardized tests, premedical school performance and clinical performance among medical students.’
- ‘He treats one of his grade-obsessed premedical students as a mere nuisance, and the consequence is that the young man jumps to his death from the roof of his dormitory building.’
- ‘The older brothers are premedical students and certified emergency medical technicians.’
- ‘Medical students in the United States usually take premedical courses as undergraduates.’
- ‘The committee was not charged with addressing the needs of premedical students.’
- ‘After dropping out of college and working for several years, he returned to complete his degree and fulfilled all of his premedical requirements.’
- ‘When World War II began, he taught courses for medical and pharmacy corps, nursing, and premedical students for three years.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.