One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Occurring or existing before marriage.‘premarital sex’
- ‘Sexual activity outside the marriage and premarital pregnancy rates were on the rise as well.’
- ‘Consistent with changes in attitude toward premarital sex, researchers found a decrease in sexual guilt among young people of both genders.’
- ‘Also, the younger and more educated the couples were, the more likely it was that they had had premarital sex.’
- ‘Those who seek to justify premarital sex find it difficult to explain what marriage means, and what difference it makes to marry.’
- ‘This book attempts to capture the paradoxes of marriage and to enhance premarital and remarital counseling.’
- ‘After the 1960s, the proportion of young people engaging in premarital sex rose dramatically.’
- ‘Screening was included as part of existing mandatory premarital blood tests.’
- ‘I told her I didn't believe in premarital sex, but she really didn't care.’
- ‘So she did not seem to be as concerned about the premarital agreement, and somehow had felt perhaps it would benefit her more than him, which did not turn out to be the case.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.