One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Concerning activities or conditions before the launch of a spacecraft, campaign, product, etc.
- ‘The three-day event allows the crew to practice prelaunch activities, including launch pad safety training and a countdown dress rehearsal.’
- ‘I signed up for the prelaunch issue of The London News Review, and it was promising in patches, if not yet something I would await every month.’
- ‘Doctors ‘react even more negatively if they're caught unawares’ by patients lobbying for a specific prescription and are receptive to prelaunch educational opportunities, she added.’
- ‘The practice countdown capped the week's Terminal Countdown Demonstration Test, in which flight crew members went through launch pad safety training and other prelaunch activities.’
- ‘They took seats and immediately began the prelaunch startup.’
- ‘Nissan may also come in later in the network season with a prelaunch campaign for the long-awaited revival of the Z sports car.’
- ‘Nasa has also pointed to more on-time launches and smoother prelaunch operations as indicators of America's success in managing the shuttle program.’
- ‘Different advertising copy from around the world was reviewed prelaunch and the client/agency team agreed to look again at the positioning of the brand in the Irish market and at developing the best launch communication strategy.’
- ‘The campaign was to be conducted in three stages: prelaunch, launch, and postlaunch.’
- ‘During the prelaunch, the system's autopilot measures the target's position and movement.’
- ‘The spacecraft, now in a prelaunch facility at Vandenberg Air Force Base near Lompoc, California, remains true to the original concept.’
- ‘Furthermore, the prelaunch and boost phases offer the perfect times to hit enemy missiles, so they can blow up on or over enemy territory - not over the heads of friendly troops or allies.’
- ‘But prelaunch development is a bargain compared with the cost of selling an innovation.’
- ‘The couple agree with the Commission's conclusion that the prelaunch teleconference was mishandled.’
- ‘I tuned up button 18 for departure as we had done the previous three days but heard no prelaunch brief.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.