Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Day care with some educational content for children younger than five, provided by elementary schools or preschools.
- ‘Floridians, meanwhile, voted to reduce class sizes and offer prekindergarten programs for four-year-olds.’
- ‘Her stories are for children ranging in age from prekindergarten to junior high school.’
- ‘In prekindergarten, Sofia's brother was already beginning to identify himself as an English speaker and to insist on speaking English at home.’
- ‘In Massachusetts, the percentage of suspended students in prekindergarten through third grade more than doubled between 1995 and 2000’
- ‘The dual language program was launched in prekindergarten, kindergarten, and first-grade classes that year.’
- ‘Some child in her prekindergarten class, whose name she will not remember, suggested she taste it.’
- ‘There is one bilingual classroom at each grade level, from prekindergarten to sixth grade.’
- ‘Virtually every state in the United States is now actively engaged in discussions concerning the implementation of prekindergarten programs, and many different models have been proposed.’
- ‘I looked around my prekindergarten classroom and had to laugh.’
- ‘Students begin with a full-day prekindergarten program and then move into a full-day kindergarten.’
- ‘The study found that although rates of expulsion vary widely among the 40 states funding prekindergarten, state expulsion rates for prekindergartners exceed those in K - 12 classes in all but three states.’
- ‘Both beginning and experienced teachers, from prekindergarten through elementary, will find a wealth of appropriate materials and suggestions.’
- ‘Bilingual Learning Centers are employed from prekindergarten to first grade, while Bilingual Resource Centers are used from second to fifth grade.’
- ‘For instance, the use of thematic units was mentioned by every single prekindergarten teacher and most kindergarten teachers but was not mentioned by a single first- or secondgrade teacher.’
- ‘In order to identify whether successful strategies had a developmental component, we spoke to teachers of different grades, from prekindergarten through second grade.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.