One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Day care with some educational content for children younger than five, provided by elementary schools or preschools.
- ‘Both beginning and experienced teachers, from prekindergarten through elementary, will find a wealth of appropriate materials and suggestions.’
- ‘Virtually every state in the United States is now actively engaged in discussions concerning the implementation of prekindergarten programs, and many different models have been proposed.’
- ‘For instance, the use of thematic units was mentioned by every single prekindergarten teacher and most kindergarten teachers but was not mentioned by a single first- or secondgrade teacher.’
- ‘Some child in her prekindergarten class, whose name she will not remember, suggested she taste it.’
- ‘There is one bilingual classroom at each grade level, from prekindergarten to sixth grade.’
- ‘Her stories are for children ranging in age from prekindergarten to junior high school.’
- ‘Floridians, meanwhile, voted to reduce class sizes and offer prekindergarten programs for four-year-olds.’
- ‘In prekindergarten, Sofia's brother was already beginning to identify himself as an English speaker and to insist on speaking English at home.’
- ‘I looked around my prekindergarten classroom and had to laugh.’
- ‘The study found that although rates of expulsion vary widely among the 40 states funding prekindergarten, state expulsion rates for prekindergartners exceed those in K - 12 classes in all but three states.’
- ‘In Massachusetts, the percentage of suspended students in prekindergarten through third grade more than doubled between 1995 and 2000’
- ‘The dual language program was launched in prekindergarten, kindergarten, and first-grade classes that year.’
- ‘In order to identify whether successful strategies had a developmental component, we spoke to teachers of different grades, from prekindergarten through second grade.’
- ‘Students begin with a full-day prekindergarten program and then move into a full-day kindergarten.’
- ‘Bilingual Learning Centers are employed from prekindergarten to first grade, while Bilingual Resource Centers are used from second to fifth grade.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.