Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Occurring or existing between the fertilization of an ovum and its implantation in the wall of the uterus.
- ‘The technique pioneered by the team could be used for pre-implantation genetic diagnosis.’
- ‘The procedure runs around $6,500, and the odds can even be improved in conjunction with a pre-implantation examination.’
- ‘The guidelines state that pre-implantation genetic diagnosis for anything will be considered on a case-by-case basis.’
- ‘As a result of these provisions, it can be said that English law divides human pregnancy into three stages for the purposes of abortion law: pre-implantation, between implantation and twenty-four weeks, and after twenty-four weeks.’
- ‘A recent advance in biotechnology may make pre-implantation detection of genetic variations easier to do.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.