One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Occurring or existing between the fertilization of an ovum and its implantation in the wall of the uterus.
- ‘As a result of these provisions, it can be said that English law divides human pregnancy into three stages for the purposes of abortion law: pre-implantation, between implantation and twenty-four weeks, and after twenty-four weeks.’
- ‘The guidelines state that pre-implantation genetic diagnosis for anything will be considered on a case-by-case basis.’
- ‘The technique pioneered by the team could be used for pre-implantation genetic diagnosis.’
- ‘The procedure runs around $6,500, and the odds can even be improved in conjunction with a pre-implantation examination.’
- ‘A recent advance in biotechnology may make pre-implantation detection of genetic variations easier to do.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.