Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to procedures administered or care provided prior to a patient's arrival at a hospital.‘the bandage was developed primarily for a prehospital setting’
- ‘Handover at the interface between prehospital and hospital environments should always include a summary of drugs given, and documentation should accurately reflect the treatment given.’
- ‘His vision, determination, and tireless campaigning spearheaded the development of prehospital care and emergency medicine in Britain.’
- ‘These doctors are trained and equipped to provide a high level of medical care in the prehospital environment and are judged against a different set of standards from ‘good Samaritan’ doctors.’
- ‘The mobile unit brought 172 of these to hospital, and prehospital intubation was done in 43% of severely injured patients.’
- ‘But only a minority of prehospital arrests occur in public places.’
- ‘It is uncomfortable and adds time and expense to prehospital and emergency department care.’
- ‘In the letters pages correspondents discuss some unresolved questions in prehospital emergency care.’
- ‘The Scottish Ambulance Service is the sole provider of emergency prehospital ambulance care for the 5.1 million population of Scotland.’
- ‘We wonder what other ambulance services are doing and whether future recommendations should take into account the prehospital phase of treatment.’
- ‘But the quality of prehospital and hospital care has to improve.’
- ‘In the future, diagnosis may begin at prehospital locations or in the Emergency Department with point-of-care instruments.’
- ‘The exact mechanism of injury and any prehospital treatment must be established.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.