One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to procedures administered or care provided prior to a patient's arrival at a hospital.‘the bandage was developed primarily for a prehospital setting’
- ‘It is uncomfortable and adds time and expense to prehospital and emergency department care.’
- ‘The Scottish Ambulance Service is the sole provider of emergency prehospital ambulance care for the 5.1 million population of Scotland.’
- ‘Handover at the interface between prehospital and hospital environments should always include a summary of drugs given, and documentation should accurately reflect the treatment given.’
- ‘We wonder what other ambulance services are doing and whether future recommendations should take into account the prehospital phase of treatment.’
- ‘But the quality of prehospital and hospital care has to improve.’
- ‘The exact mechanism of injury and any prehospital treatment must be established.’
- ‘His vision, determination, and tireless campaigning spearheaded the development of prehospital care and emergency medicine in Britain.’
- ‘In the letters pages correspondents discuss some unresolved questions in prehospital emergency care.’
- ‘The mobile unit brought 172 of these to hospital, and prehospital intubation was done in 43% of severely injured patients.’
- ‘But only a minority of prehospital arrests occur in public places.’
- ‘These doctors are trained and equipped to provide a high level of medical care in the prehospital environment and are judged against a different set of standards from ‘good Samaritan’ doctors.’
- ‘In the future, diagnosis may begin at prehospital locations or in the Emergency Department with point-of-care instruments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.