One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In ‘Poetry and Religion,’ Jarman argues that ‘Dickinson offers, with true American horse sense, the preferability of a deceptive hope, a fool's errand, to none at all, for it is that which gives illumination.’’
- ‘The issue of preferability generally involves a consideration of the common issues and the degree to which their resolution advances the overall action compared to the individual issues that remain to be determined.’
- ‘In some cases, environmental preferability could override cost concerns, giving the advantage to the greener product.’
- ‘There is still no general consensus about the preferability of paper to plastic (or glass, steel, or aluminum).’
- ‘A subsequent executive order proclaimed that buying recycled was possible and relatively painless, and dismissed as spurious complaints about the price, preferability and availability of recycled paper.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.