One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In some cases, light-gauge steel framing is a logical substitute for wood framing and well suited to prefabrication and mass production, he adds.’
- ‘The product allowed prefabrication of brick masonry beams and panels, much like precast concrete, so that once fabricated, they could be rapidly installed.’
- ‘A favourite solution was to use assembly-line techniques and prefabrication, so as to minimize the amount of skilled labour needed and allow many people to work on a project simultaneously.’
- ‘The lightweight structure did not require complex foundations and the reliance on prefabrication reduced construction time to a mere six weeks.’
- ‘The concept of prefabrication showed early promise with the Case Study Houses Program in Los Angeles during the 1950s, but progress stalled.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.