One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In some cases, light-gauge steel framing is a logical substitute for wood framing and well suited to prefabrication and mass production, he adds.’
- ‘The product allowed prefabrication of brick masonry beams and panels, much like precast concrete, so that once fabricated, they could be rapidly installed.’
- ‘The lightweight structure did not require complex foundations and the reliance on prefabrication reduced construction time to a mere six weeks.’
- ‘The concept of prefabrication showed early promise with the Case Study Houses Program in Los Angeles during the 1950s, but progress stalled.’
- ‘A favourite solution was to use assembly-line techniques and prefabrication, so as to minimize the amount of skilled labour needed and allow many people to work on a project simultaneously.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.