One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to a period before the normally recognized dynasties, especially in ancient Egypt before about 3000 BC.
- ‘She later went on to conduct her own excavations at the predynastic village of North Sapur, Hemmamiya.’
- ‘Many terracotta figurines survive from civilizations of the Stone Age, predynastic Egypt, and ancient Crete.’
- ‘Curtis found that both predynastic Egyptians and Nubians rarely had wisdom teeth problems, but they often existed in persons living in later periods of history.’
- ‘The acquisition was made up primarily of ancient Egyptian pottery dating from predynastic times to the Roman period and objects of everyday use from Uganda, a region that until that point had been unrepresented in the museum.’
- ‘There was a determined attempt to impose order on the multitude of gods and religious beliefs that had existed since predynastic times… and the sun-god Re became the supreme royal god, with the king taking the title of Son of Re ’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.